Zinio – Digital Magazines
The Grafton Public Library is pleased to partner with Zinio to provide access to over 100 digital magazines. Zinio, the world’s largest newsstand, offers full color, interactive digital magazines for your enjoyment. Browse from the library’s collection of popular titles with no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of magazines you can download. All you need is your library card barcode number and an e-mail address.
For a printable version of the following information, CLICK HERE.
Creating a Library Collection Account:
- Go to www.graftonpubliclibrary.net
- Hover your mouse over “eBooks & More”
- Click on the link for “Zinio”
- Click on the Zinio Logo
- Click on “Create an Account”
- Follow the instructions to create your account. You will need your library card number.
Searching for Magazines and Checking Out
- Use Title search filter to locate magazines by name, letter, or partial word
- Use All Genres drop down to locate magazines by topic
- Choose a magazine you want and click “Checkout”.
- Click on “Start Reading” to read the magazine, or click on “Keep Browsing” to check out more.
- If you would like to know when the next issue is available check the box that says: “Email me when the next issue is available.”
- Your magazine is now checked out and available to read in your internet browser.
- If you have any issues reading your magazine be sure that you have the newest version of Adobe Flash.
- To see the magazines that you have checked out, click on “My Collection” in the upper
- To read a magazine in your collection simply click on the cover image.
- To delete a magazine from your collection click on the garbage bin icon below the cover image.
- You can always check out a magazine that you previously deleted again by going through the checkout process.
The Zinio for Libraries App
If you are using a tablet or smartphone you will need to download the Zinio for Libraries App to read magazines on your device.
- First, create an account using the directions for Getting Started on the front of this instruction sheet.
- From the Zinio Collection webpage, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Where it says GET THE NEW APP to read offline, click the link for your device (iPad, iPhone, Android, Kindle HD/HDX) [Note: Kindle Fire users need to change a setting on your Kindle before you can download the App. Go to Settings (From the home screen of your device, put your finger on the top of the screen and swipe down to see the Settings option) > Go to More > Go to Device > Allows Installation of Applications (from unknown sources) > Select On. Then click the link to download the Zinio App from the Zinio Collection webpage].
- OR Download the Zinio for Libraries App from your App Store (iPad and Android only).
- Once it is downloaded, open the Zinio for Libraries App.
- Click Login and type in your email address and tap Next.
- Make sure that Eastern Shores Library System is selected then tap Done.
- Enter your password and tap Login.
- Tap the magazine once to start reading. Reading a magazine will automatically start
downloading it to your device so that you will not need wifi to read the magazine.
- While reading, tap in the center of the magazine to bring up more options.
- To checkout more magazines, tap Checkout magazines in the bottom right corner. This will take you back to the Zinio collection webpage.
- To delete magazines from the App tap and hold down on the magazine cover:
- Tap the red “x” below the magazine.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
- To restore a magazine to your account after you delete it:
- Tap and hold down on any one of your other magazines.
- Select the Restore tab at the top of the page next to the Remove tab.
- Your deleted magazines will be listed.
- Tap the green “+” to restore the magazine.
- Tap “Done” in the upper right corner.
- The magazine will need to be downloaded again if you want to read it without wifi.