- Curbside Service: Due to the pandemic, we are offering curbside service to patrons who are unable or do not want to utilize the library’s in-house services. Please call the library at (262) 375-5315 to arrange for a curbside pickup. You may call to check out items on our shelves and receive same day service, or you may call to place holds on items, or to pick up items that you already have on hold. We will either place items on a cart for you to pick up, or bring the items out to place in your trunk depending on your wishes.
- Book a Librarian: We offer an opportunity for you to reserve one-on-one time with our Reference Librarian for 1/2 hour to help with your specific research or computer needs. Need help setting up an e-mail account, or how to attach and send documents? Want to get a head start on that research paper? Want to learn more about internet searching or eBooks? These and many other questions can be answered by booking a librarian. Call the library at 262-375-5315 and ask for Reference
- Book Sales: The library has a permanent book sale located in the Southeast corner of the library. The library also hosts two annual book sales in the Spring and Fall. Most of the books in the sale come from donations. Donated items should be clean, dry, and generally in good condition.
- Donation Guidelines:
- All acceptable materials donated are tax deductible.
- Donated materials will be placed in the collection at the discretion of the library. Most all materials that are not put in the library’s collection will be put in the book sale.
- The library does not accept the following: Textbooks, Encyclopedias, or Magazines.
- Monetary Donation for the purchase of Book, CD, DVD, Magazine subscription. Grafton Public Library will gladly accept a donation to celebrate a birthday or anniversary or to memorialize a person or organization. More details and a donation form can be found here.
- Computer Help at the Library Click here to learn more about computer help at the library.
- Copying, Printing, Scanning: The library has a photocopier which makes black and white copies for $0.15/a page. It also works as a scanner but requires a USB drive. Scanning is free.
- Printing from the public computers costs $0.10 a page for black and white and $0.25 a page for color. The library also has wireless printing so you can print from your laptop, smartphone or tablet. For wireless printing at the library, please speak to the reference librarian, or to a member of the circulation staff.
- Faxing: The library offers faxing service. Stop by the Adult Checkout Desk to send your fax. The library charges $0.25 for each page.
- Homebound Delivery: What is the Homebound Delivery Program?
- If you are homebound, you can have library items delivered to your home for free.
- We will set up a delivery schedule. Every two months, one of our volunteers will bring you library items.
- Items will be checked out on your library card. The card will be kept at the library.
- With your help, we will create a reader profile that will reflect your reading and listening interests. This will assist us in selecting suitable items for you.
- You will be able to checkout large print or regular print books. You will also be able to check out books on CD
- For more information, call the library and ask for the Director
- Library Cards for Military Members: The Grafton Public Library is pleased to offer library cards to Grafton residents serving in the military. This will enable the military member to download eBooks and Digital Magazines from wherever they are stationed. Do you currently have a family member serving abroad who might be interested? Call the library for more information: 262-375-5315.[/expand
- The Library Telescope: Click here for information on the Library Telescope.
- Makerspace: Click here to learn about our Makerspace.
- Proctoring: The library provides proctoring services for distance education students. For more information or to set up an appointment for proctoring services, please call the library at 262-375-5315.[/expand]
- Public Computers: The library offers several computers for public use. Each computer has:
- Microsoft Excel
- Spreadsheet Software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Presentation Software
- Microsoft Publisher
- Create and publish documents, flyers, brochures, cards, etc.
- Microsoft Word
- Word Processing Software
- Computer graphics program that allows you to edit photos, graphics, and create graphics
- Adobe Reader
- Reads PDF documents. DOES NOT edit them
- VLC Media Player
- Audio and Video player
- Basic word processing, can also be used to edit html and xml.
- Snipping Tool
- Screen capture tool.
- Microsoft Excel
A computer operated reservation system is used to sign into the computers in the Adult library. Please bring your library card to sign in. If you are not a resident of Dodge, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, or Washington Counties, please bring a photo I.D. and we will issue you a guest pass.
In the Children’s library, users need to sign in at the Youth Checkout Desk. Users under the age of 10 must be directly supervised by an adult.
To view the library’s Internet policy, click here.
WiFi is available throughout the library.
“Tutorials Click here for links to our tutorials.